2018 Hubbell Apartment Living 24KGIVEAWAY (“Giveaway”) Official Rules
All Entries Must be Received by 11:59 P.M. CST on April 30, 2018
Void Where Prohibited by Law
1. Eligibility: YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. The 2018 Hubbell Apartment Living 24KGiveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to individual legal residents of the State of Iowa who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and have a social security number or a U.S. taxpayer identification number (the “Entrant”). Eligible Entrants must (i) meet Hubbell Apartment Living’s Rental Criteria for the applicable community attached hereto and incorporated herein and (ii) be willing to move into Cadence Apartments, 6300, 6310, and 6320 Merle Hay Rd., Johnston, IA 50131 (“Cadence”); Cityville Phase II and III, 550 SW 9th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 (“Cityville”); Maxwell, 915 Mulberry Street, Des Moines, Iowa, 50309 (“Maxwell”); The Winhall of Williams Pointe, 1205 SE University Avenue, Waukee, Iowa 50263 (“Winhall”); Verve Apartments, 700 E. 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 (“Verve”); Stonegate Crossing, 15400 Boston Parkway, Clive, Iowa 50325 (“Stonegate”); Station 121 Apartments, 121 12th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 (“Station 121”); or VUE Apartments, 900 8th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 (“VUE”). Winner must be approved for and sign a twelve-month Lease (which new lease may replace an existing lease) to rent an apartment at Cadence; Cityville; Maxwell, Winhall, Verve, Stonegate, Station 121, or VUE. The Grand Prize and First Place Prize may not be redeemed at Station 121. An invitation to enter the Giveaway does not indicate automatic approval of a rental application for the applicable community. Employees of Hubbell Realty Company, its agents, affiliates, subsidiaries and parent companies, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and members of the immediate families or households of each are not eligible.
2. How to Enter: Entry Period starts 2/17/2018 and ends 4/30/2018 (“Entry Period”). Two ways to enter the Giveaway beginning February 17, 2018 and ending April 30, 2018: (1) Enter online at www.the24KGiveaway.com, where you must enter you first and last name, telephone number and email address and certify you are 18 years or older and eligible to enter the Giveaway. Online entries are limited to one entry per email address, and (2) Schedule a property tour with a leasing agent at Cadence, Cityville, Maxwell, Winhall, Verve, Stonegate, Station 121, or VUE. Limit one entry per person per property. Hubbell Realty Company (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for late, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or otherwise unreadable entries. In the event of a dispute about entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same email, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Giveaway at the actual time of entry. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors. The authorized email account is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet-access provider, online-service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple online entries per email address or any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes/contest entry services) are prohibited and will void all entries by that entrant. Entrants assume all risk of lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible entries. All entries and information contained therein become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. Selection of Winner: On or about May 15, 2018, one winner for the Grand Prize, one winner for the First Place Prize, and two winners for the Second Place Prize (each individualy referred to as a “Winner”) will be selected in one random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The Winner will be contacted by Hubbell Realty Company or their designee, the judges of the Giveaway, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Giveaway. Winner will be publicly announced on or about June 1, 2018, on the www.the24KGiveaway.com website and possibly additional online and print locations. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email. If a winner cannot be reached within 48 hours of the first attempt, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Sponsors and their agents are not responsible for (i) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of the prize, (ii) lost, late or invalid entries, (iii) electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operations, (iv) transmission, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entries, (v) technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer hardware or software malfunctions, (vi) limitations of any kind or inaccurate transmissions, or (vii) failure to receive entry or other Giveaway related information by entrants due to technical problems. Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; Apartment Rental Application; Executed Lease Agreement, pay all applications fees and deposits, and provide valid identification issued by Winner’s state, no later than June 15, 2017 or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of prize. The prize will be delivered to the Winner no later than June 30, 2017. If Winner is not eligible, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
4. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize: Winner of the Grand Prize will receive (1) twelve months of free rent up to $12,000 in Rental Credit with Hubbell Apartment Living available to be applied to monthly rent as it comes due under a 12-month Lease at a Cadence, Cityville, Maxwell, Winhall, Verve, Stonegate, or VUE apartment unit rented by Winner of the Grand Prize;(2) 50” 4K Smart TV (Estimated Retail Value: $500; (3) Free DirectTV basic package for duration of 12-month Lease (Estimated Retail Value: $720) (4) Free CenturyLink basic Internet service for duration of 12-month Lease (Estimated Retail Value: $480); and (5) one basic apartment cleaning per month for duration of 12-month Lease by Reyna Cleaning Company (Estimated Retail Value $600) (collectively referred to as the “Grand Prize”).
Winner of the First Place Prize will receive six months of free rent up to $6,000 in Rental Credit with Hubbell Apartment Living available to be applied to monthly rent as it comes due under a 12-month Lease at a Cadence, Cityville, Maxwell, Winhall, Verve, Stonegate, or VUE apartment unit rented by Winner of the First Place Prize (“First Place Prize”).
The two Winners of the Second Place Prize will each receive three months of free rent up to $3,000 in Rental Credit with Hubbell Apartment Living available to be applied to monthly rent as it comes due under a 12-month Lease at a Cadence, Cityville, Maxwell, Winhall, Verve, Stonegate, Station 121 or VUE apartment unit rented by Winner of the Second Place Prize (“Second Place Prize”).
The Grand Prize, First Place Prize, and the Second Place Prize may be referred to collectively as “Prize.”
Prize will be delivered to Winner by Sponsor no later than June 5, 2018. Rental Credit and all other Prize components must be used in full by July 31, 2019. Rental Credit and all other Prize components are not transferrable and cannot be applied to rent or other charges due and owing for any unit not rented by Winner. In the event Winner’s tenancy under the Lease is terminated for any reason, any remaining Rental Credit or other Prize components will be forfeited. Any Rental Credit or other Prize components remaining after July 31, 2018 will be forfeited by Winner. Estimated Retail Value is as of the commencement of the Giveaway; any difference between the Estimated Retail Value as stated herein and the actual Retail Value when the prize is awarded will not be awarded. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including but not limited to its quality. All costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the Winner. Prize is not transferable. No cash redemption or substitutions except as provided herein. In case of unavailability of the advertised prize, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Unclaimed Prize will not be awarded. Prize delivery is subject to product and Sponsor availability.
6. Miscellaneous and Conditions of Participation: This Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. By entering the Giveaway, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Giveaway, and each Entrant warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Giveaway. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if these Giveaway rules are not followed, and to change, alter, or amend these Giveaway rules or to alter, modify, suspend, or terminate the Giveaway, as necessary, in its sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Giveaway or to comply with applicable law.
7. Construction. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Iowa, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Polk County, Iowa. The Giveaway and all of the related web pages, content and code are the property of Sponsors or their licensors. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. This Giveaway is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that an entrant is using the Giveaway for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified from participating in the Giveaway and reported to authorities.
8. Release: Each Entrant agrees, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsor, its trustee, employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Giveaway, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed on or associated with receipt or use of the Prize, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, use or misuse of the Prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Giveaway-related activity.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Giveaway and by winning, the Entrant grants to the Sponsor the right to publicize the Entrant’s and Winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and biographical information in all manner and media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for advertising, trade, and promotion purposes without compensation and without opportunity for review.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Sponsor, its employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Giveaway shall have no responsibility or liability for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in telephone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway; or (v) failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an individual’s ability to enter the Giveaway, including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering the Giveaway or downloading any materials related to the Giveaway.
11. Entrant’s and Winner’s Personal Information: Information collected from Entrants will be maintained by the Sponsor and its representatives in accordance with applicable federal and state consumer privacy laws, rules and regulations.
12. Copy of Rules/Name of Winner: For a copy of these rules and/or the Winner’s name, after May 15, 2018, go online to www.the24KGiveaway.com or send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address listed below.
13. Equal Housing Opportunity Notice: It is the policy of Hubbell to comply with both the letter and the spirit of the Federal Fair Housing Act, and amendments, which prohibit discrimination in the sale or rental of housing or vacant residential land based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin; and as to those Hubbell communities that are age restricted, to qualify for exemption from the familial status portion of the Fair Housing Act and all state age restrictions laws imposed by the state where a particular community is located.
14. Sponsor: Hubbell Realty Company, 6900 Westown Pkwy, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266.
In order to reside in our community, we require that each Applicant be at least 18 years of age and meet certain rental criteria. Before you complete our Rental Application, we suggest that you review these requirements to determine whether you satisfy our rental criteria. Please note that the term “Applicant” provided below applies to all Tenants to be identified on the Rental Agreement contract and the person or persons to be responsible for paying rent thereunder. Additionally note that these are our current rental criteria; nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute a guarantee or representation by Cadence, Cityville, Maxwell, Winhall, Verve, Stonegate, Station 121, or VUE prior to these requirements going into effect; our ability to verify whether these requirements have been met is limited to the information we receive from the various reporting services used.
All prospective tenants may be, at the sole and absolute discretion of Property Management, required to provide proof of the following minimum standards to include, but not be limited to:
OCCUPANCY GUIDELINES: One (1) Bedroom – Maximum of Two (2) Occupants
Two (2) Bedrooms – Maximum of Four (4) Occupants
Three (3) Bedrooms – Maximum of Six (6) Occupants
INCOME: Total monthly combined household income must be at least three (3) times the amount of the apartment monthly rental rate. If income requirements are not met, Property Management may, in its sole and absolute discretion, require the Applicant to have a Guarantor(s).
EMPLOYMENT: All prospective tenants must have (1) a verifiable employment in this country, or (2) a verifiable source or sources of income. If the Applicant is self-employed or receives money from non-employment sources, the Applicant must provide (1) a photocopy of a tax return from the previous year, or (2) a financial statement from a certified public accountant verifying employment and income, or (3) photocopies of the Applicant’s three most current bank statements.
IDENTIFICATION: All Applicants must have a United States or state government-issued photo I.D. A social security number is additionally required.
NON-CITIZENS: Applicants who are citizens of another country must provide (1) a valid and unexpired foreign passport; and (2) either the I-94 record or the I-551 stamp that entitles the Applicant to be in the United States or the Form I-20 with proof of enrollment at a qualified educational institution.
* Property Management may ask to make a photocopy of any of the Applicant’s identification documents, passport and/or visa.
* If the Applicant cannot provide proof of enrollment at the time the Rental Application is submitted, the Applicant’s approval may be, at the sole and absolute discretion of Property Management, conditioned upon submitting proof of enrollment as soon as it becomes available.
CRIMINAL HISTORY: A criminal history/background check will be done on each and every Applicant over the age of 18. Under no circumstances can a waiver be granted to, or a Rental Application accepted from, any new Applicant who has a felony conviction for violent acts or drug-related activity, a sex offense conviction, or whose name appears on a sex offender registry maintained by law enforcement officials or agencies. Misdemeanors and felony convictions against a person will be reviewed and approved at the sole and absolute discretion of Property Management.
This requirement DOES NOT constitute a guarantee or representation that Tenants or occupants currently residing at the apartment complex have not been convicted of a felony or sex offense or are subject to deferred adjudication involving use or possession of an illegal substance. The Rental Criteria are solely for the benefit of the Landlord, and Property Management’s ability to verify this information is limited to the information made available to us by the various applicable reporting systems and services.
RENTAL HISTORY: Previous rental and payment history shall be thoroughly reviewed, and negative rental and/or payment history shall not be accepted. Negative rental and/or payment history is described as, but not limited to, any damages owed, rental related debt as described above, delinquent rental payment, and/or evictions filed within the past thirty-six (36) months.
GUARANTOR QUALIFYING PROCEDURES
INCOME: The monthly income of the Guarantor(s) must total at least five (5) times the sum of the monthly rental rate. Guarantor(s) must have (1) verifiable employment in this country or (2) a verifiable source of income. If Guarantor(s) is self-employed or receives money from non-employment sources, the Guarantor(s) must provide (1) a photocopy of a tax return from the previous year, or (2) provide a financial statement from a certified public accountant verifying employment and/or income, or (3) photocopies of the three most recent bank statements.
RESIDENCY: The Guarantor(s) must reside within the United States.
HUBBELL REALTY COMPANY, CADENCE, CITYVILLE PHASE II, MAXWELL Winhall, Verve, Stonegate, Station 121 and VUE SUPPORT THE FAIR HOUSING ACT, AS AMENDED, PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HOUSING BASED ON RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, HANDICAP, FAMILIAL STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION AND/OR RETALIATORY ACTS.